Sunday, 9 March 2008

Megadeth


Finally the day came! Megadeth performed in Katowice(Southern Poland), along side Satyricon, Marduk, Overkill and other bands! It was the Metalmania Festival, the biggest metal festival in the central europe. The venue was the "Spodek", which is a stadium in the shape of an UFO; Really cool place. By the way, it's the same place where the Brazilian national team has won the international volleyball league last year (for the 7th time) by defeating the Russians in the final match. ;P

I had to ride three hours by train, then see all the bands perform, forget about the last train back to my city and wait four hours in the train station for the next one! :P - I had no choice! Megadeth was the last band to perform and I knew they were going to play "Holy Wars" at the end, so I would never leave the concert before then.

Setlist:

I don't remember all the songs they played and I'm not sure about the exact order. Megadeth started with the song "Sleepwalker" (the heaviest song from their new album "United Abominations"). People freaked out!

Some good songs I would like see they performing unfortunately weren't in the setlist: "99 ways to die", "No more Mr. nice guy" and "She wolf".

The setlist as I remember now was:

Sleepwalker
Wake Up Dead
Kick the chair
Washington Is Next
In My Darkest hour
A Tout Le Monde*
Gears of war
Tornado of souls
Hangar 18
Ashes in your mouth
Symphony Of Destruction
Trust*
Peace Sells*
Holy Wars

* See video below

I will updated this part as soon as I have the full setlist.


On this photo below you can see how close I was from the stage. There was only this polish security guy between me and the band. Five meters far I would say. :P



















As I was so close to the stage, I was smashed and I couldn't move my ass at all. I felt like a tuna! :P At least I made some good photos and videos!! :)


"Tout le monde"


"Trust"


"Peace sells"


For the full photo album, click here.

2 comments:

Tiago said...

METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!
SWE MA FRIEN!

DON'T YOU EVER GIVE UP ON METAL!

Ana said...

que saudade do show dos scorpions. ouví tuot le monde, mas voz como klaus maine, ninguem tem.