Monday, 19 August 2013

My Audi

My car! It took some time but it came, eventually. The present which I decided to give myself as compensation for years of 'suffering' driving low-powered cars in Brazil!
Can you imagine yourself driving a 55-hp car? That's crap! I always dreamed about a Fiat Marea Turbo which had a 2.0 L5 turbo engine but it was out of my financial range back in the early 2000's and this car is no longer produced.

Things have changed! I'm no longer a young boy trying to borrow dad's car for a joyride and now is the time to take my life back! I've gotta have my voice be heard and bring meaning to this life. It's time for an Audi!
It's time to feel and enjoy the thrill of driving a 2.0L turbo-engined car with dual-clutch gear box, BOSE sound system, leather seats and AUDI Magnetic Ride system.

This photo depicts my car, a second-generation (Mk2) Audi TT with 17 inches alloys, 225/50 tyres. 0-100 km/h in 6.1s according to its original specs for this gear-box (because it switches gears in 0.2 seconds - See the video).

I've travelled with this car to Czech Republic (where highways are speed-limited to 130 km/h) and at a certain point I had to overtake three trucks at the same time, so I stepped down (all the way down) the gas pedal and the auto gearbox understood very well my intentions 'cause it reduced its gear instantly from 6 to 4 and overtook all three of them very 'healthfully' and then I noticed my navigation system warning me to slow down since I was riding 180 km/h (without even noticing it).

Definitely, my next car trip will be to Germany. Leipzig perhaps. :)
I'll keep you posted! Bye!

One more photo:



1 comment:

Sarah Erwin said...

"Things have changed! I'm no longer a young boy trying to borrow dad's car for a joyride and now is the time to take my life back!" - What a moving statement! As it is your time to change from a young boy to a responsible man, getting a new car for your own can be a great start. It's nice to know that you've been enjoying your road trips with your new Audi. Do you still have that car? Any plans on modifying it?

Sarah Erwin @ Baldwin Subaru