Monday, 21 June 2010

Metallica Experience #3


Now I can say that my 'Metallica experience' is fulfilled. I just had my best concert ever. It was the third time I attended a Metallica concert. The setlist couldn't be any better since most of the songs Metallica has performed were from their older albums and among them were my two favourite songs: DISPOSABLE HEROES and FADE TO BLACK! The performance was outstanding and made me forgive them for the poor performance in Chorzów, PL in 2008 whereas Kirk Hammett poorly played the guitar solo of the classic RIDE THE LIGHTNING and that made me feel disappointed (seriously). James Hetfield has used an acoustic guitar to play the intro for FADE TO BLACK, and that was a big present for me, better than any Christmas gift I've ever gotten. Probably the best seven minutes of my life! :)

Was it everything? No! Since I had paid to be in the Golden Circle (the closest sector to the stage), I was less than ten meters far from the artists and I could grab James Hetfield's guitar pick that he threw to the audience while performing the song 'Sad but true'. Now I have my own relic (my precious!) that I will keep carefully, so fifty years from now, people might ask me about the best metal band of all time and I will have a lot to tell. :)

The idea of the festival was to get "The big 4" together for the first time in history! What are the big 4? Simple: Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax : The four biggest 80's thrash metal bands from California, US.

Metallica's setlist was: Creeping Death, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Disposable Heroes, Harvester Of Sorrow, Fade To Black, That Was Just Your Life, Cyanide, Sad But True, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), My Apocalypse, One, Master Of Puppets, Battery, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, Helpless(Diamond Head cover), Motorbreath, Seek & Destroy

CLICK HERE FOR FULL ALBUM OF PHOTOS