Monday, 27 July 2009

Lisbon


"I like cities that apparently are smiling to you when you look at them." - Philippe Rother (a CouchSurfer that I met in Lisbon). I liked when he said so. I felt the same about Lisbon.

Lisbon is the westernmost capital in mainland Europe and has nearly half-million inhabitants. The 'Lisbonians' invented the "Pastel de Belem" which is a very taste type of egg tart found throughout Portugal's pastry shops or cafés. Whenever I go to Lisbon I go to the very first place where it was produced, in the neighbourhood of Belem. That's where the name comes from. Six units (of the original) can be bought for 5,40 Euros.

I was lucky to join some CouchSurfing meeting that was about to happen and I could sightsee Lisbon with good company! I talked in Portuguese to a Chinese girl which is Portuguese speaker from Macau. That doesn't happen much often actually! And also I met a Turkish guy who loves Poland and saluted me in Polish, I was again treated as a Żubrówka drinker! hehehe!

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to see Lisbon. Poland was waiting for me. Next time I'll come back to Portugal it won't be on summer! This global warming kills me! :P

To see more photos click here, to check the full article about Lisbon on Wikipedia, click here.

Small video: "Buying the originals Pasteizinhos de Belem"

1 comment:

karine.ao said...

Ainda tá tossindo...? :S