Saturday, 4 April 2009

New job, wider horizons


Expanding possibilities for me! New job, new opportunities. :)

Yesterday was my third day in a finnish-swedish IT nearshore outsourcing company with more than 16,000 employees in 30 countries. I'm the only american (person from the continent "America"), allocated in Poland. :P

My workmates are nice, friendly and, some of them, very funny.

The position I am holding currently is entitled Software Engineer.

My duties and responsabilites are:
  • Participate in modelling and documenting of software architecture.
  • Participate in planning of implementation details.
  • Responsible for designing, implementing, testing and documenting software according to given specifications, or similar task related to the area of specialization.
  • Describe system requirements and specify functional requirements (use cases).
  • Describe user interfaces and business classes.
Best impressions as possible. Let's see what is yet to come. :P

After my first friday, I went for a beer with two more people, their names cannot be revealed for safety reasons eheh. One of them attempted to arrange a party in the second office and called a third person:

...
- Hej dude? Let's make a party in the office?
- Daniel is here!
- Daniel????
- Danielo! He is listening too.
- Who the hell is Danielo?
- He's our.. our.. brand new workmate.
- I don't know...
- But listen, listen.. he is fan of football!! He is canarinho!!
- Oh, I love football. I've been playing it all my life.
- Listen, and he has lots of.. you know.. hot chicks. One phone call and they will come.
- Cool, just buy some beer and come.
- Seriously?
...

Hehe, conversation was something like that. Check the (almost) full conversation in WAV format by clicking here.

1 comment:

Alberto Ferreira Filho said...

Fala, velho! Apesar de você ter me bloqueado no msn, meus sinceros parabéns... Bom saber que você conseguiu outro emprego e não vai precisar voltar pra essa vida de calor e engarrafamentos! hehehe

Boa sorte ai nessa nova jornada e que dê tudo certo.

Grande abraço!