Friday, 28 November 2008

Brazilian restaurant in Wroclaw


Uhh! Recently opened in Wroclaw, the first Brazilian restaurant of the lower Silesia. :P

Few months ago, my Brazilian friends in Poland had a terrible experience in a so-called 'Brazilian churrascaria' in the mountain town of Zakopane, in the south of Poland, close to Slovak border. I had seen that restaurant myself before but didn't try it out (for my own sake!).

Now, fortunately, we have the best of our cuisine just few kilometers away from us, in the very centre of Wroclaw. Restaurant 'Braziliana' is co-owned by a Brazilian lady, and the kitchen is lead by a Brazilian chef from Minas Gerais. So we (Brazilian brotherhood of Wroclaw: Me, Alberto, Paulo, Cabeca, Tito..) were pretty sure that food in there wouldn't disappoint us. So we went there to check it out! :)

At first we've met the chef, Marcelo Barra, who warmly greeted us, and suggested Brazilian beer 'Skol' for us to start. No Warka nor Żywiec allowed!!! :) - He also gave us his visit card so we can call him before, to order a Muqueca!

For this first time I tried 'Bife Acebolado' and next sunday I will try the 'Feijoada' - The one with pork feet, ears, ribs... total Brazilian bash!! hehe!

Additionally we met the waitress, very well-dressed for the occasion and very kind to us. She had the Brazilian soul within her Polish body, and a great pronunciation for the dish 'Bife acebolado' !! :P

Check the photo below, taken by Beto:



I guess I will be there every friday. To keep up with the iron in my blood stream :P

Directions:

ul. Więzienna 5B - Wroclaw, PL
http://www.braziliana.pl/

No comments: